Eventually, they were shocked because of my choice going to tourism vocational high school. Yes, it was totally my own choice. My first thought was actually because I don't want to be in the same major with my sister (I love variation in the family), then looking back to my interest in culture, tourism, and culinary, I reached to the final decision to attend the special school, until I end up being in the hospitality industry now. :)
But however, art is also still a part of me somewhere and I can find it through the culinary and pastry section.
I'm able to spend hours just to watch culinary program in TLC (previously Discovery Travel & Living) or AFC (Asian Food Channel). Not only because of my curiosity in food production, but also because of how it visually attracts me. Everytime I visit bookstores, I'll never forget to drop by the culinary section just to pamper my eyes with the beautiful portraiture of the food.
One day, I was browsing for another culinary books in one of the bookstores, and I found a book that lights up the bulb in my head. Ting!
The title was Food Stylist. It is a local book but it mesmerized me how the food stylist really works and there are only a few people working intensively as food stylist in Indonesia. It was fun! It truly combines food and art. I began to browse more about it online, and I found crazily creative food artists from all around the world.
Being a pastry assistant lecturer gives me more opportunity to explore more. And the conversation with my colleague (yet who also was my lecturer) that I had today about how promising this occupation is really burning my passion to learn more. One more thing that I love about this career, It is not continuously time consuming and I will still be able to take care of my family someday. ;)
But there's one more aspect that I want to combine into the career besides culinary and art, which is hospitality, the thing that I can't get off after 4years of study. I'll figure out about it.
I hope through this blog, I can also express and share with all of you about my progress.
Here's one of my super amateur result. A Chocolate Mousse made by myself and Pak Hasan (the helper in Pastry Kitchen) for the F&B Service class simulation.
![]() |
| *Sorry for the poor resolution and lighting due to limited capturing medium (my whitey E71) ;p |
~E.A.R to l.EAR.n more~



0 comments:
Post a Comment