My Etiquette and Protocol's Lecturer once said, a person is able to assess up to 21 characters of other person whom he/she just met for 5 seconds. Ironically, those 21 first impressions will remain on that person throughout their relationship eventhough those are wrong. So, yes, if a person has judged you as a snobbish person at first, eventhough you are not and he realized it, that image of you as a snob will still be there.
I think that's why we need to 'look great' to give a great first impression to someone who we just met for the first time. That's where the pressure of looking good comes from.
But, if that how it works, then it will not be fair for someone who has already born with 'the look' but without an equal character, and so as the opposite.
A sad reality, which we can actually change, by changing our own mindset. Stop judging, especially for the guys who cares more of what they've 'seen'.
And I was reminded by this great passage,
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over, will be poured into your lap. For the measure you use, it will be measured to you." - Luke 6:37-38
~learning not to judge people as the way I don't wanna be judged~
always be an Elizabeth.Agustina.Raharjo to listen
how long to season chicken
3 years ago

2 comments:
Ahaha...nice one...
Since i've been mostly "crowned" by people I knew by a JUTEK girl for my 1st impression...hahaha my eyes are so "helpful" in creating this nice image of myself... >.O
But, the thing is, I am sure for people who know me better and longer, my image has changed 180'...huhahaha ANCUR TOTALLL...
Guess, My best way for not judging people is, I dont really care for their appearance at first, I take 'em as a white paper..as a book to be read n discover more...but It guides me to a naive thought..oftenly...:(
Guess, My best way for not judging people is, I dont really care for their appearance at first, I take 'em as a white paper..as a book to be read n discover more...but It guides me to a naive thought..oftenly...:(
-------------->
It's a great way of thinking, girl..
I think that's what we should do. Naive thought. Who r we to judge someone? Knowing someone needs process, rite? And after all, we will not know anyone in the 'whole' picture anyway.
Post a Comment