our family was totally went upside down wondering what to do next.. God really processed our family, and it's like a turning point.
God really take care of us.. Not excessive, but just enough.
I still got 2 years in my study with the high tuition fee (duh.. feels like i was such a burden). I took a risk and talked to my Faculty's Director of Administration (who is a very great man), i know at that time, my GPA still not enough to increase the scholarship (which needs 3,75 GPA, hueh.. ). I shared my problems and asked whether I got a chance to get more scholarship. Thank God, he was really willing to help, he arranged for me an interview session with the Assistant Rector (Mr. Budhi T. Yuwono).
In the interview, I was so relax and just told him the truth. Mr Budhi asked me about my vision, what I'm going to do aft I finish study, what if u failed to increase the scholarship, and the question that really surprised me was - Is there anything good that your family had after your dad fell sick? .. Maybe if I think briefly, I can just answer, "nothing good, we're all desperate and that's why I need to increase the scholarship" - if answered like that - maybe, he will pity of my family and just give it. But, as when I heard that question.. suddenly I was reminded (like a flashback in a movie, haha..) :
how now my family can pray together everynite - before - we were very seldom gather and talked as a family,
how now my mom and dad looks like a real husband and wife - before - they're like cats and dogs,
how now my father and mother really surrender their life to Jesus - before - they were giving up their life to fortuneteller, and often scolded me n my sister of being too "radical - as in their terms" ,
how now me and my sister can be so close with dad - before - we were very irritated everytime he tried to get closer, now even we love to hug each other, hehe..,
how now me and my sister learnt to be independent - before- we were spoilt by mom's attention, seldom take care of our own needs,
how we found out that a moment before my dad fell sick, he was about to get cheated by his evil friends, but they suddenly ran away after my dad fell sick.
how now I'm brave enough to drive - before - I always prefered to let my dad to drive me =p. And a lot more.. (if I mention all then u might be sleeping already, hehe)
That's all good and priceless..
Then, I answered him, "Much goodness". He just smiled and said "that's what I'm looking for.", oh ya, the other thing that surprised me, aft he said that, he offered himself to pray for me and my family. I was so touched.
The result was beyond my prediction.. at first, considering my GPA only 3,5, I thought he would only gave me 50%. But, God is good, He gave me 75%, just as I need, eventhough that means my contract with campus become 1 year.. it's ok.. being an assistant lecturer is not that bad.. HUaa.. praise HIM for that. My GPA also increased become 3,7 aft that. I got more serious in studying and living as well..
Eventhough we still hv bills to be paid, dad's medication somemore, God always provides in a right time without making us loan from anyone. And I got a chance to go abroad and earn my own money, so that I'm no more a burden for them.
Now, dad slowly but sure.. getting recovered.. he can walk a bit now. I always smiled everytime I remember when my dad saying "dalam nama Yesus! (and then laughing)" in everystep that he makes when he practice to walk.
Now the thing that I most concern about is...My sist suddenly found out that the job that she was doing that time is not her true passion and she needs to pursue her vision and go study again, she resigned from her job. To pursue her vision, she needs to study somemore, since she graduated from Visual Communication Design, but she found out that her calling is to get into art and education world. And for my family, to pay her tutition somemore is hard, moreover, the major that she wants is only available abroad. Rite now, she has applied for new jobs and scholarship.. And what I believe is, God will give her the best in His time.
Moreover.. my sist is a very smart and great young lady! ^^ ci,, if u read this, don't be too flattered, k? hahhaha...
I nvr say, that the same great things will happen to you. This is just what I've experienced about looking into the bright side of darkness.
So.. never lose hope,, there's always a good thing beyond every bad thing in this life. By trusting it, that's what we call it as FAITH.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile. gather you from all the nations and all the places - Jeremiah 29:11-14

0 comments:
Post a Comment